Are you in need of a battery change for your computer? Wait, the battery is what? We understand there are a lot of questions that you need to know in regards to this. This is why we have described everything that you will need to comprehend about how to remove motherboard battery in this post. Just keep reading.
Yes, How To Remove Motherboard Battery?
Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor or CMOS battery is a small coin like a battery. It is a Lithium (Li) battery that can be easily found at local retail shops or with online retailers. The primary function of this battery is to provide power to the CMOS RAM. This RAM stores configuration of all the hardware of your computer.
Below are the steps that you may follow to change the CMOS batteries:
- The first thing is to read your instructions manual carefully and ensure that you do this
- Now turn off your computer
- Take the plug out of a power socket
- Drain all the battery, which means dispose of electricity (any)
- Undo your computer back case (now this is why you need to go through a user manual, as different PCs have different ways)
- Unscrew the screws and keep them aside
- Look through this and find the motherboard
- Most computers use circular flat, coin-sized batteries these days. Place your fingers in such a way that you can pull up the batteries
- In case, there is a lock or a clip, try to untie that first and then remove the batteries
- Then replace it with the new ones
- Cover the case back into place
Voila, that is it! This is all that you need to do to remove the motherboard battery.
Why Change The CMOS Batteries?
Yes, now the big question arises, as to why you would need to change it. Here is an answer for that too. The best way to answer this question is to tell you any time you see your computer misbehaving, and you realize something is wrong with it. Let this be a sign for changing batteries too. Then you may also look for:
- A warning by BIOS about the battery life being full or some failure
- Your computer may fail to boot
- Wrong settings (especially, of date and time) and constant changes on booting and shutting down
A Word Of Caution
Unfortunately, not all companies allow this, as some may not allow batteries to be removed. In case, you don’t see a coin like battery, then fall back on your manual and see what next is to be done.
In the end, we would like to share one important piece of information with you about this query – how to remove motherboard battery. If you are a first-timer, then you better seek help from a professional. Of course, you can watch a few videos, but if you are confident, then you better follow the usual path. However, if you feel like you can do it, as this is not rocket science, then you better get going.