Did you know that AMD was considered to be the second rate to Intel for years? The advent of the Ryzen series changed the game for them. It came with multiple cores and great execution. At the same time, it did not weigh down the CPU. In fact, if anything, it accelerated the CPU and made the unimaginable possible. Speaking of which brings us to discuss that many people want to know how to overclock Ryzen 7 1700X. We have discussed all that in this post; do take some time to read it.
So, How To Overclock Ryzen 7 1700X?
As computers started to develop, there came a need to improve them further. Be it for gaming, graphics development, or anything, and this need led to overclocking. In simple words, overclocking is running your processor at a higher speed than what was given to you by the manufacturers. Yes, it requires a lot of patience and hard work to customize your computer.
You can download AMD’s Ryzen Master Utility from their official site. This makes overclocking using Windows quite advantageous. Nevertheless, we actually favor making firmware-based changes. These days, overclocking is customarily done on your motherboard’s BIOS screen.
Once in the BIOS, it’s an ideal opportunity to plunge into settings and begins speeding things up. The clock speed of a CPU decides how rapidly it performs tasks, yet raising it isn’t as basic as dialing in another number.
Steps Of Overclocking
AMD processors can more straightforwardly connect with the RAM. Yes, you are free to tweak and get your speed levels. Overclocking has come a long way, and now it only needs to:
- Utilize two potentials, the multiplier (additionally called Core Ratio) and the base clock (BCLK), as this will help decide the last clock speed
- You must know that a framework’s base clock decides CPU speed just as the speed of different subsystems on the motherboard, and if you are a beginner, then we would suggest you leave this value just the way it is
- Changing the multiplier influences the CPU speed, and it is the point where speed increments and CPU clock speed matches this incentive with the base clock.
- So, a base clock of 100 yields 4GHz, and a multiplier of 40 should do the trick.
- Remember to keep the cores stable, so boost them with more power, like 1.35 Volts to 1.37 Volts, and yes, you may go to 1.45 Volts, but you must the cooling solutions for that.
- Now, run a pressure test, and if found no issues, then raise the multiplier by one and restart the cycle until you notice variability.
- Just watch out for temperature changes.
The overclocking process can take some time, and you need not worry about that. You may have to troubleshoot a couple of times and be prepared to come across OS corruption. The right way out of this mess would be to stick to listed speeds as per the manufacturer. This will take off the weight while tinkering.
So, this was all that you needed to know about how to Overclock Ryzen 7 1700X. Let us know via the comments section how you liked it.